Lydia Sweatt is a writer who loves balancing her article/blog time indoors with a healthy dose of nature. She bikes, hikes, and identifies edible plants along the way.
So Far, These Are MrBeast's Most Impressive YouTube Stats
One thing we love to talk about in the creator landscape is MrBeast’s success on YouTube. We’re talking billions of views across six different channels. Millions of loyal subscribers. Hundreds of challenges that changed YouTube forever.
Even Rolling Stone recognized MrBeast as an award-winning video creator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur. You might have seen his face — one that millions have come to recognize — on the cover of the spring Creators Issue.
But for those who don’t know, MrBeast (real name Jimmy Donaldson) is famous for doing expensive stunts and challenges on YouTube. Imagine mixing the best game show ever with the craziness of a real-life video game, and that’s what you get from a MrBeast video: high energy and lots of competition.
To grow on YouTube, it’s a good idea to learn from the best and be inspired by the best. Get a head start by getting to know MrBeast, his YouTube stats, and why he’s so successful on the platform.
Fast Facts About MrBeast
- Started his YouTube channel in 2012 at age 13
- Famously counted to 100,000 in 2017 [YouTube]
- Spends $48 million a year making videos [Colin and Samir]
- Spends $10,000 per YouTube thumbnail [Rolling Stone]
- Raised more than $20 million to plant trees around the world [Team Trees]
- Raised more than $30 million to remove sea trash [Team Seas]
- Spent $3.5 million to create the YouTube version of Squid Game [LA Times]
- The first content creator on the cover of Rolling Stone [Rolling Stone]
- Launched the MrBeast Burger virtual brand [MrBeast Burger]
- Earned $54 million in 2021 [Forbes]
All of MrBeast’s YouTube Channels
So, how many channels does MrBeast have? There are six altogether:
- MrBeast: YouTube challenges with cash prizes
- Beast Reacts: Reacting to viral videos
- Beast Philanthropy: Giving away money to those in need
- MrBeast Gaming: Video game challenges
- MrBeast 2: Currently, a somewhat inactive MrBeast channel
- MrBeast Shorts: A collection of short MrBeast content
How Many Subscribers Does MrBeast Have?
Altogether, MrBeast’s subscriber count is slightly more than 176 million across six channels.
Here’s the breakdown:
- MrBeast: 100 million
- Beast Reacts: 18.4 million
- MrBeast Shorts: 14.6 million
- Beast Philanthropy: 9.24 million
- MrBeast Gaming: 28.2 million
- MrBeast 2: 6.41 million
How Many Views Does MrBeast Have?
Are you ready for this mind-blowing stat? As of July 28, 2022, MrBeast has more than 25 billion views across six channels:
- MrBeast: 16.6 billion
- MrBeast Gaming: 4.8 billion
- Beast Reacts: 2.4 billion
- MrBeast Shorts: 1.8 billion
- Beast Philanthropy: 117.7 million
- MrBeast 2: 18.5 million
MrBeast's Most-Viewed Video
So far, MrBeast’s Squid Game is his most popular YouTube video. It has a whopping 275 million views as of July 28, 2022.
Why MrBeast’s Content Is so Addicting
To get billions of views like MrBeast, you have to go above and beyond on YouTube. If we’ve learned anything from his journey, it’s that exciting challenges, cash prizes, and making videos with zero wasted minutes is a recipe for success.
Here’s the typical flow of a MrBeast video:
- Introduce a challenge
- Explain the rules
- Announce a cash reward
- Follow contestants as they face the challenge
- Give the winner lots of money
Take a look at this recent upload from MrBeast, “Would You Swim With Sharks For $100,000?” Do you see the classic pattern?
Part of the reason MrBeast is so successful is that he’s not the focus of a video. He gives viewers something to enjoy each step of the way: the contestants, the expensive video sets, and the action that unfolds.
He also keeps your attention with superior editing. Each clip is only seconds long, which creates a hurried yet exciting pace for his content. You don’t have time to think about leaving the video because you're hopelessly hooked.
There's also a feel-good factor to MrBeast's content. Not only does he give money to the lucky winners of his challenges, but he also donates to family, friends, the homeless, and various charities. Sometimes the entire point of a video is, "If we can successfully do this, we'll donate money to that."
In a nutshell, all of these things make MrBeast a YouTube star.
Ready to reach stardom on your own channel? Here’s the ultimate guide for boosting your views on YouTube.