Dan got his start on YouTube in August of 2011, recording gameplay videos as a fun hobby while attending school for video production. Joining the vidIQ team in 2020 allowed Dan to combine his hobby and professional talents to now help others grow their own YouTube channels.
How to Get 875K YouTube Subscribers Like Sopo Squad Gaming
It’s never too late to start a YouTube gaming channel. We say this all the time, even as YouTube attracts more viewers, creators, and overall competition. It feels like a crazy thing to say until you see it happen, and a channel like Sopo Squad Gaming earns over 850,000 subscribers in less than a year.
How do you gain almost a million subscribers in mere months? Well, Sopo Squad decided to target viewers who were most excited about their videos. After that, it was a combination of luck and hard work. As the country shut down during the coronavirus pandemic, more people were playing games at home. Gaming content was in high demand and Sopo Squad rode the wave.
This family of Roblox gamers, which includes a Mom, Dad, and their four kids, achieved so much this year. This week we chat with Lizzy, the Mom of Sopo Squad, to learn exactly how they did it.
6 Winning Tips for Family Gamers on YouTube
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How unique situations create opportunities on YouTube. Successful creators pay attention to trends within their niche and make videos about those things.
- The importance of teaching kids how to handle social media. If you want to film with your kids, address trolls and hateful comments early on.
- Why you should play a popular game on YouTube. Searchable content gets more views in the beginning, so play games people are looking for.
- How to persevere when the views don’t come. To get thousands of views and subscribers, you simply have to keep going.
- Why you should play one game on your YouTube channel. The algorithm needs to know how to categorize your content; playing one game helps it do that.
- When to launch another channel. Don't expand too soon or before you have the audience. Sopo Squad has three channels, but balancing them all takes some effort.
Lizzy says keeping up with trends is the key to success. It helps you find new ideas and games people grow to love months later.
“It doesn’t necessarily have to be the hottest game,” she says. “Maybe you’re the next person to find what the next hottest game is. It’s about research.”
TubeTalk is one of the most popular and listened-to podcasts in the online video industry. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to TubeTalk on your favorite podcast app so you never miss an episode!
You can also find the complete list of all the TubeTalk podcast episodes here!