Lydia Sweatt is a writer, bookworm, and bass guitar enthusiast. When she goes outside, a bicycle goes with her.
4 YouTube Trends to Skyrocket Your Views in 2024
As the New Year approaches, you might be thinking of ways to grow your YouTube channel. Should you do more collaborations? Create better thumbnails? Spend some time finding the right YouTube keywords?
Those are great ideas, but there's something else you can do to get more views: following YouTube trends!
Here are four to watch out for in 2024.
1. The Trend of 'Silence'
Do you watch YouTube videos on mute because you're too busy reading the captions? If so, you're not alone. As it turns out, silence is trending.
Want to see how popular it's gotten? Go to Google Trends and type "video captions" in the search bar, then press Enter. You'll notice that for the past five years, the term "video captions" has been searched more and more each year.
So if you want more views in 2024, add captions to your videos. They make your content more accessible so that people with hearing loss — or even those in distracting environments — can understand what you're saying.
Adding captions is a major task, but you can do it quickly with two tools:
- YouTube's captioning system: It's fast, free, and creates automatic captions.
- CapCut: This tool creates automatic captions that are easy to edit. You can also change the font, size, and color of your text.
2. Less Talk, More Action: A Trend that Keeps Rising
People want fast entertainment on YouTube, and that's not going to change in 2024. If anything, it will only intensify!
You can get ahead of this trend by "hooking" viewers in the first eight seconds of every video. Instead of saying, "Welcome back to my channel" or "This video will cover X, Y, and Z," just start talking about X, Y, and Z!
Once you've mastered the YouTube intro, look at the rest of your video and cut out scenes that don't intrigue or entertain. You'll have a much better video that captivates viewers from start to finish.
3. Consider Gen-Z When Making Videos
Did you know that 96% of Gen-Z users in the U.S. have a YouTube account? That's basically all of them!
So in 2024, take a look at your content and see if it aligns with the values of Gen-Z. According to YouTube's Culture and Trends Report, these viewers are looking for four things:
- Relevant content: 65% want content that's relevant to their personal lives instead of what's trending in pop culture.
- Soothing content: 83% use YouTube to relax.
- Nostalgia: 82% look for nostalgic content on YouTube.
- A fandom to follow: 61% are a fan of someone or something, especially online.
4. Double Down on YouTube Shorts
YouTube Shorts were a big deal in 2023, so they're bound to take over in 2024. There's plenty of data showing how addictive Shorts are, but the fact that 1.5 billion people watch them monthly is astounding. Simply put, it's time to make more of them.
Don't know where to start? Spend some time watching Shorts on YouTube so you can see how other creators do it. You'll notice the best Shorts have three things:
- An attention-grabbing hook
- A succinct story with no lulls
- Emotion, entertainment, or interesting facts
Read More: How to Get More YouTube Shorts Views
Follow YouTube Trends to Get More Views
These trends will help you stand out on YouTube because they're hot right now. You'll cater to Gen-Z, a rapidly growing audience, while reaching more people through captions and holding their attention with better YouTube intros.