Rob started out on YouTube in 2012, building up a tech channel before joining the vidIQ team. He now educates over 450,000 subscribers on the vidIQ channel which has over 25,000,000 video views. Today he is hard at work sharing everything he has learned on the YouTube platform; educating video creators on how to grow their own channels and turn hobbies into careers - just like Rob did in 2017.
How to Start a Gaming Channel on YouTube: Focus on Your Target Audience
Here's a challenge for you. What is your favorite video game right now? And if you were to start a YouTube channel on it, could you come up with 10 quick video ideas in 5 minutes?
Now this may sound like a tough challenge, so I'm going to challenge myself right now. My favorite video game is Clash Royale. Here are 10 quick video ideas I can come up with off the top of my head:
- Five funniest glitches in Clash Royale
- The best comebacks you've ever seen in Clash Royale
- How to spend your money on the right cards on Clash Royale
- What is my favorite card deck?
- Best strategies for two-on-two gameplay
- Which cards should you be requesting from your clan?
- Five new game modes I would love to see in Clash Royale
- What should I spend my Clash Royale gems on?
- Rare and real Clash Royale merchandise
- The top five Clash Royale YouTubers
I bet most of you had no idea what I was talking about, except for two or three people watching this video who have played Clash Royale. And that's the audience you need to appeal to with your gaming content. You want to really focus down and concentrate on a target audience with a specific value proposition that they can relate to.
Who should be watching? Why should they care? We've brought this up many times before. It applies to your video game channels as well.
More Gaming Channel on YouTube Tips:
- How to Start a Gaming Channel on YouTube: Research is Everything!
- How to Start a Gaming Channel on YouTube: The Creator is the Star
- How to Start a Gaming Channel on YouTube: Focus on Your Target Audience
- How to Start a Gaming Channel on YouTube: Double Down on Successful Content
Want To Get More Views on YouTube?
If you want to take your YouTube channel to the next level then make sure to download vidIQ. It will help you research YouTube, analyze videos, audit your own channel, and take actionable steps click here to install now!