Have you ever wanted to delete a YouTube video quickly but only have access to a mobile device? If the answer is yes, we show you how!
It couldn’t be easier to delete a video from your mobile device, you just need to make sure you have the YouTube app installed and you are signed in to your account.
- From the main screen tap your profile image in the top right-hand corner and go to ‘Your Channel’
- Click on ‘Videos’ in the top hand navigation bar to bring up a list of your content
- Find the video you want to delete
- Tap the three dots to the right of the thumbnail and title to see the ‘Delete’ option.
You can also delete videos via the official YouTube Creator Studio mobile app. From the dashboard page:
- Tap the ‘Option’ button in the top left and go to ‘Videos’
- Find the video you want to delete and then tap on it
- This will take you to the videos edit page - there is a pencil icon at the top, tap on that
- Then swipe to the advanced tab and then scroll all the way to the bottom of this screen and you should find the ‘Delete’ option.
Do You Really Need to Delete That YouTube Video?
YouTube clearly states that there is no way to undo this permanent action. So think very carefully about deleting any video as not only will you lose all of the comments and engagement from that video, but you will also lose all of the views and Watch Time too.
So, if you're looking to generate 4000 hours of Watch Time because you want to monetize your content, really think about what effect deleting a video might have if it has contributed in any way towards that goal.
Also, if you’re thinking of deleting a video just because it has a copyright or community strike against it, know that it won't get rid of that strike. If you have a copyright claim on a video, you're much better off using one of YouTube's official tools. There's a full tutorial on how to use it here (only via desktop though):
And finally, if you are embarrassed by your older videos, then watch the videos we first published on the vidIQ YouTube channel. They're not fantastic, but we're proud of them because they're all part of our YouTube journey to where we are now.
Now, if you're much more interested in creating new content and growing your channel, then make sure to grab vidIQ for either your iPhone or Android device. It is free so just search for “vidIQ” on the Apple app and Google Play store.
Want More Insights Into YouTube?
If you want more insights into YouTube then make sure to download vidIQ. Over 1 million creators use vidIQ to help with keyword and competitor research, channel audits, and so much more. Click here to install now for free!
And if you’re serious about growing your YouTube views and subscribers, sign up for exclusive access to the vidIQ Academy. Learn how to launch a successful YouTube Channel in just 30 days.